Olympic Qualification Tournament Tokyo 2020
PARIS, FRANCE (11 - 13 June 2021)
On Monday 07 June 2021, after nearly a whole year of training and preparation, selected NKF athletes accompanied by the National Coach, Llewellyn Manale, departed for this event.
Athletes that participated were as follows:
1. Suzelle Pronk (29y), Female (Kumite) 61+kg Athlete & Team Captain – NNOC sponsored
2. Freddy Simataa Mwiya Jnr (19y), Male (Kumite) U75kg Athlete – NNOC sponsored
3. Mayvonne Neeldje Swart (19y), Female Kata Athlete – Self funded
4. Keanu Tyrone Stuurman (21y), Male Kata Athlete – Self funded
5. Michael Panduleni Nakapandi (21y), Male (Kumite) U67kg Athlete – Self funded
All athletes were in agreement that attendance of this tournament were something that they will never forget. Not just for the experience gained but also for the friendships formed and the networking with some of the world's elite karate athletes. Even though we did not qualify for Tokyo 2020, you all are part of one of the greatest events in the history of our sport and your accomplishments on the tatami will always remain in our memory!