NAKU membership comprises of two categories:
- Associate Membership
- Full Membership
Any membership application must be complete and correct, and must be submitted, by hand or electronically, to NAKU for approval.
An application for first time membership will be made for Associate Membership and the following criteria must be met:
- The Karate Body must have been in operation for at least one year.
- The Karate Body must submit the following details in support of its application for Associate Membership:
- A formal letter of application signed by the Chief Instructor of the Karate Body in Namibia;
- Proof of the number of registered dojos affiliated to the Karate Body and the number of registered athletes, including details of each dojo [instructor in charge of dojo, physical address of dojo with contact details (for verification)];
- Proof of affiliation with a known regional, continental or international Karate organization including letter of good standing;
- The Chief Instructors Karate CV with credentials;
- A copy of its Constitution.